To the Parents:
Parents are a huge part of the success of a musician. Your accountability for practicing is vital. We ask students to commit to consistent practice, but we also ask parents to encourage them to set aside the time needed to practice effectively.
Please be on time for lessons, as your teacher cannot go past the student’s allotted time slot.
It is also imperative to be on time to pick up your child as there are times when teachers need to leave right away in order to attend other rehearsals or events. If there is an emergency or circumstance that will prevent you from arriving on time, please let your teacher know as soon as soon as possible so proper arrangements can be made.
Studio fees are as follows:
- $30 for ½ hour of instruction
- $40 for 45 minutes of instruction
- $55 for 1 hour of instruction
- $100 for 1.5 hours of College Audition Prep (Natalie Only)
Other supplies such as books, stands, rosin, studio incentives, recital accompanist fees, etc. are expected to be covered by the parent.
Payment for lessons is due at the first lesson of each month. Invoices will be emailed to you with the amount due for the month a day or two before they are due. You may pay in any of the following ways:
- Online payment: You may pay directly through your invoice using the “Pay Now” button
- Check: Please make checks payable to Gain Music Academy and deliver it to the teacher
- Cash: Please deliver this to the teacher at your lesson
LATE FEE: $20 late fee per week, per student.
If a student cannot make his scheduled lesson time, money is still owed as you are paying for the time-slot not the lesson itself.
Students who need to miss a lesson for any reason and who notify us using the “CANCEL LESSON” option on your Gain Music Academy online account through wellnessliving.com at least one bill cycle before the missed lesson, will not be charged for that lesson.
For example, if you know you will miss a lesson in February, we must be notified (through the software) BY the time the January payment is submitted for you not to be charged. E-mail and verbal notification is not accepted as official notification for lessons needed off. You must cancel lessons through the Noteworthy Music / Gain Music Academy account (Search for NOteworthy Music on the WellnessLiving Achieve app or wellnessliving.com).
We ALSO appreciate a text for last minute cancellations. You will receive your teacher’s mobile phone number when you start your lessons.
If you take more than two lessons off in a row, it is expected that you pay to hold your spot open for when you return. Otherwise we cannot guarantee that the same day/time will be available.
If a lesson is cancelled due to illness, you will be credited for (not need to pay for) that lesson. If you have already paid for the lesson in full, we will credit that payment toward the following month only.
If your teacher must cancel or take off for any reason, they will contact you, and you will not need to pay for that week. If you have already paid for the lesson they miss, a credit will be applied toward the following month only.
A bill cycle (about 30 days) notice is required for termination of lessons. If you discontinue lessons before the end of the month, or without notice, you forfeit payment made for any remaining lessons. If termination of lessons happens with less than a bill cycle notice, you will be charged for the following month. Lessons will be terminated by the teacher in the event of irregular attendance or repeated failure to come prepared to lesson. No fees or payments will be refunded in case of termination.
Gain Music Academy is quickly becoming known in the community as a premiere Music Studio with a large focus on College Preparatory studies. In the 6 years it has been established, all the students that have been trained through, or prepped for auditions through, Gain Music Academy have gained admittance into the music program for which they auditioned, at their desired University. Many have also been awarded some level of scholarship.
To maintain a close-knit and high-quality music studio, there are a handful of requirements that will be asked of you and your student.
- It is expected that practice charts will be filled in and followed each semester to help the teacher and student track progress and to help motivate the student.
- It is expected that all studio incentives (currently 2 per year) be made a priority and attended. This creates a profitable competitive spirit and camaraderie among the students in the studio. *Payment will be required at the start of each chart and will not be refunded should you overbook yourself or the student fail to meet their goal. *
- It is expected that all studio recitals will be attended and participated in. (Currently 2 per year, usually in September and March.) This helps teach a musician to speak in front of an audience; how to carry themselves on a stage; how to interact with an accompanist; how to stay focused and composed under pressure; and how to perform a song; along with many other vital skills. *Payment for piano accompaniment will be required up front and will not be refunded as the pianist still has put in practice time even if the student cannot attend. *
- It is expected that lessons will continue consistently (not more than 2 weeks off at a time) over summer break. This helps students progress and not lose the vital skills they learned during the school year.
Students may be excused from the above commitments on a case by case basis. We ask that notification of absence be submitted in writing at least ONE MONTH BEFORE THE EVENT if your student needs to be excused from any event.
Photography Policy & Media/ Model Release
Students may be photographed and/or videotaped during Gain Music Academy activities. We may use these images in print or online promoting GMA activities. We do not use last names or identifying information about students. We request a formal model/media release which can be withdrawn at any time.
If you do not approve an image or video that is used, you may contact GMA to remove such image/video.
As the studio grows, different items may arise and need to be addressed in a new policy. Note Worthy Music, LLC (dba Gain Music Academy) reserves the right to change and distribute the policies and procedures as often as needed.
Last Updated: December 31, 2019